The Bail Officer will:
- Prepare the bail bond and the affidavit, once the amount and method of payment have been ascertained, as well as the completion of the verification (if applicable), as explained above.
- Explain to the surety his responsibilities of the surety and the consequences when the conditions of the bail are breached.
- Inform him of the next mention or trial date.
- Forward the bail bond by fax to the Police Lock-Up for the accused person to sign
- Thereafter – The surety will appear before the Duty Judge, and the accused person will be present through the video-link.
- The Duty Judge will confirm with the accused person and his surety that they are aware of the mention or trial date and obtain surety’s confirmation that he or she is aware of his duties
Once the Duty Judge accepts the surety’s application, the accused person would be released on bail.