Welcome to Singapore Criminal Defence Lawyer

Find useful information that you can easily understand, figure out what you should do next and speak to someone you can trust. Whatever the case is, you'll find what you need here.

Help is at hand.

What can you do if you disagree with the Judge’s decision?

If you are dissatisfied with the conviction after a trial, you may appeal against it. If you have pleaded guilty to a charge and are dissatisfied with the sentence, you […]

Posted on 18 March 2019

What is a Subpoena?

A subpoena is an order issued by the Court which informs him that he is required to attend Court on a specified date and time to give evidence as a […]

Posted on 15 March 2019

How should you behave in Court and address the Judge?

You should be dressed appropriately and address the Judge as “your Honour”, the Prosecution as “the learned Prosecutor” and the witness by their surname, i.e. “Mr Wong”.

Posted on 14 March 2019

What happens before your Criminal trial starts?

If you decide to claim trial to the charge, the case is fixed for a Pre-Trial Conference (PTC). At the PTC, the Court will ask about matters that need to […]

Posted on 13 March 2019

Can you ask the Police for copies of your statements or reports?

You or your lawyer can write to the Police for a copy of your Cautioned Statement and First Information Report. A First Information Report is the first report received by […]

Posted on 12 March 2019

What is considered to be a voluntary statement?

A voluntary statement is one given without any inducement, threat or promise. It is a statement given of your own free will. Your statement is therefore not voluntary if it […]

Posted on 11 March 2019
WhatsApp chat